Is my Open Source environment really secure?
Many of our customers naturally ask us about the security of Open Source software. And it is a genuinely important question.
To make the use of Open Source software truly secure, it is worth paying attention to a few important points when selecting and planning a new Open Source environment. This also includes questions regarding the specific developing community and the necessary stability and continuity of the associated software components.
We find the right software for you
A few questions that we already consider during planning:
- How long has the software existed?
- How actively is the software developed? (Release cycles)
- Who is behind the development? An individual? A company? A global developer community?
- How quickly are identified bugs or security gaps eliminated by the developers?
- Can we draw on any reliable long-term experience with the specific software component?
- Does any reliable experience with regard to the general operational reliability and any necessary scalability exist?
- Under which Open Source license is the software available?
- What can and can’t I do with this software?
- Who can help me with questions on this software? Where can I obtain the necessary services from?
- Who secures my operation with the necessary support services and offers me guaranteed service level agreements?
As you can see, there are many questions for which you need an independent and qualified Open Source expert. That’s what we can help with. We provide you with the necessary security.
Open Source Support Center
Our answers to the most frequently asked questions: